My dad and mom were pastors. I grew up attending weekly worship services. I’m grateful for parents who loved Jesus and His church. Thanks dad and mom! I have always loved the local church. For some, our lives have become so busy and fast-paced, that it seems hard to make that commitment to His House. But let me encourage you this week with a few reasons to make going to Calvary Church a habit and not a chore!
Kim & I love you!
5 reasons why church attendance is a big deal:
1) Going to church helps us with spiritual focus and brings joy and gladness to our lives. Psalm 122:1 says ” I was glad when they said, let’s go into the house of the Lord.”
2) We celebrate with a community of like-minded believers. When the world all week has its exposure over your life, it’s uplifting to be with your brothers and sisters in Christ!
3) You need to hear God’s Word for your life. And it MAY even come from the preacher.
4) It’s a time of disciplining our lives to not conform to the world. Romans 12:2 says, “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
5) Our Bible encourages us to! Hebrews 10:25 says, “Do not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.”
I know there’s many more good reasons but I’ll stop here for now.
Hope to see you at Calvary!